10.07.2009

A few things about Halloween...

It's my favoritist holiday, before T-Gives, before X-mas, and before Boxing Day. Since I'm still deciding on a butole cotume (loosely translated as, "Butt-hole Costume"), I'll impart my Amazon DVD wish list that I will no doubt order @ next payday:

1. The Witches: That part where the little girl disappears in the painting is absolutely terrifying. So is Angelica Houston. And all the kids smell like dog poop!
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-4 Box-set: The first one...is well, really scary and fucked up. Dream Warriors is just fun and awesome.
3. Beetlejuice: I sort of have always had a tiny crush on Catherine O'Hara. Weird, right?
4. The Others: exceptionally suspenseful film-making. Colleen should be that crazy mom for H-ween. But then she'd just look like Colleen wearing dress, circa 1947.
5. Young Frankenstein: I should be quarantined on H-ween for not owning this cinematic work of absolute genius and fright, i.e. best part being when Madeline Kahn shimmys into her honeymoon quarters.
6. Starter for 10: probably the [2nd] best British film I've ever seen. Its about a quiz show and is soundtracked by the Cure, for crissakes!
7. Billy Elliot: this is a HILARIOUS idea for a costume...no one would get it except 50+ yr. old freakazoids and mid-western women who vacationed to Broadway this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment