5.05.2009

Existential Crisis in a Footnote

Have you noticed that it's Existential Crisis Month? Buy your own Existential Crisis flowers/booze/uppers/downers/brunch?

Everyone I know is on edge, for one monumental reason or another, including myself, (being the common denominator). Which is even more harrowing because I'd rather carry the weight than be mine own.

Creation, destruction. Destruction, creation. Or not. It's really shittysweet and altogether romanticized. Like Space. Its supposed to be this large void with purpose and potential...but really, its a large void. Nothing. And yet everything.

Yeah...toldya!

Dinner on the last night: pastrami & bacon w/ cheddar, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and Boar's Head Deli Dressing on a fancy roll...it's a deli sangwich and I did it myself!

Currently listening to: Throw Me The Statue's "Yucatan Gold."

Currently awaiting: Farady's comeuppance and LC's demise.

Wearing: gray pinstripe slacks, periwinkle blue button-up, my favourite Hugo Boss skinny tie, black grandpa cardigan, and my ol' faithful brown wingtips.

Avoiding: work until 7pm.

3 comments:

  1. seriously, no shit. the sopping dionysian drizz wash outside, the mouse in my kitchen (i hope it's just a mouse and not a rat, which would make me vomit- damn thing moved to fast for me to be sure)- all adds up to a certain jumping-off-a-bridge feeling that i hadn't had in awhile, but over the past month has increased.

    i want sunshine. i want margaritas. i hope my salad makes things better (organic mixed greens, curried chicken, sliced almonds, cranberries, white cheddar, and toasted sesame chicken, for the foodies).

    let cinco de mayo begin in earnest, workday fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT MARGARITA. I can do w/o the sunshine though.

    I had a mouse in my kitchen over Christmastime. I named him Poopy because he shat everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who am i? why am i here? what is my purpose? who am i with?

    don't know. don't care. there is none. alone.

    gooooodmorning! can one have a margarita for breakfast and not be called an alkie? wait, i forgot. who cares!

    ReplyDelete